Environmental Management – International Standards
UKAS Accredited Environmental Management
Having an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System will make a powerful statement about your organisation’s commitment to the environment and give you internationally recognised “Green Credentials”.
- ISO 14001 will allow you to plainly demonstrate legal and regulatory conformity.
- ISO 14001 has the potential to reduced the cost of public liability insurance.
- ISO 14001 will help you to reduce costs in terms of your company’s overall consumption, waste and recycling management.
- ISO 14001 will help you to manage and monitor environmental risks.
- ISO 14001 will help your company to crystallise its environmental policy, develop sustainable environmental objectives, and implement positive actions.
- ISO standards are a requirement on tender lists for most local authorities, large corporations and many small to medium environmentally aware businesses.
- Implementing ISO 14001:2004 will clearly show you where energy and waste savings can be made and can potentially save you thousands of pounds each year on your energy bills.
IEMA Accredited Acorn EMS Scheme BS8555:2003
The IEMA Acorn Scheme, an officially recognised EMS standard recommended by our government, offers accredited recognition for organisations evaluating and improving their environmental performance through the phased implementation of an environmental management system (EMS). Acorn focuses on environmental improvements that are linked to business competitiveness and is flexible so that all types of organisation, whatever their size, can participate.
There are enormous potential benefits to be gained through effective environmental management following the Acorn route. You can implement your EMS in bite-sized chunks with the ability to pause at each level if necessary – you decide the pace to fit in with the dynamics of your business. The distinct milestones utilized in the scheme ensure certainty over the different steps that are involved in progressing to a fully-function EMS, helping to keep organisations on track towards their final goal.